We've built a comprehensive guide to help you learn Vue.js, whether you're a seasoned coder or a web designer looking to pick up new front-end development techniques. This Learning Guide will help you:
- Master core concepts like components, modularity, flux, and routing.
- Learn how to pull data into your web pages using Vue’s simple templating syntax.
- Dive into creating fully fledged Vue apps.
- Enhance your Laravel app with Vue.
1. What Is Vue?
Vue.js is a progressive framework that is approachable, versatile, and performant. If you have a fundamental understanding of the web stack (HTML, CSS, JS) you’re already in a great position to use Vue. As the Vue introduction docs say:
“The core library is focused on the view layer only, and is very easy to pick up and integrate with other libraries or existing projects. On the other hand, Vue is also perfectly capable of powering sophisticated Single-Page Applications when used in combination with modern tooling and supporting libraries.”
One of the big selling points of Vue is that it’s easy to learn if you already know HTML and CSS. It's also extremely versatile and blazing fast!
These Vue.js courses and tutorials will get you coding with the Vue framework in no time.
2. Vue for Web Designers
Don't worry, we've got you covered.
Learn Vue with courses and tutorials aimed directly at you, and get more fluent with the modern web design and front-end development techniques that power the world’s best and most used web platforms and applications.
- Vue.jsA Designer’s Introduction to Vue.jsCraig Campbell
- VueWeb Designers: Here’s Why You Should Learn VueJonathan Cutrell
- Vue.jsA Designer’s Guide to Vue.js ComponentsCraig Campbell
- Vue.jsA Practical Approach to Working With Vue.js and APIsCraig Campbell
3. Get Started With Vue
Learn the basics of the Vue framework, including core concepts like components, modularity, flux, and routing. After you've covered the basics, you'll take a deep dive into a fully fledged Vue app—a to-do app project that includes all the things you've learnt.
4. Master Vue
Build on your Vue.js skills by watching our next-level courses and learn the concepts and techniques for incorporating Vue into your existing apps.
- Vue.jsCode a Quiz App With Vue.jsDerek Jensen
- LaravelEnhance Your Laravel App With Vue.jsJeremy McPeak
- Vue.jsCode a Single-Page App With Laravel and Vue.jsJeremy McPeak
Vue.js 2 Cookbook
If you want to dig a little deeper then why not read the Vue.js 2 Cookbook from Packt Publishing?
From basic to advanced recipes, this book arms you with practical solutions to common tasks when building an application using Vue—all the while teaching you the best practices as determined by the Vue community.
5. Keep Learning Vue
This Learning Guide will continue to be updated with all the latest and greatest Vue.js tutorials and courses to help you stay at the very top of your game!
To keep up with all the Vue content we publish, remember to: