Swift is an intuitive programming language developed by Apple, designed specifically for creating macOS, iOS, watchOS, and tvOS apps. Swift has a powerful type system for safe programming and adds many features that make the lives of programmers easier.
Writing Swift code is interactive, the syntax is concise yet expressive, and it produces software that runs lightning-fast. It's also easy to learn!
We've built a comprehensive Swift Learning Guide to help you learn Swift for app development, whether you're new to programming or an app developer looking to make the switch from another language, this guide will help you:
- Learn the fundamentals of the Swift language.
- Get started building iOS apps.
- Learn how to use Xcode.
- Go further with Swift and keep your skills sharp.
1. Get Started With Swift
Learn how to use Swift to create iOS apps. Whether you're new to iOS app development or are looking to make the switch from Objective-C, this course will get you started with Swift for app development. You'll learn about all the basic features of the language, from variables to classes. You'll also get an introduction to using Xcode for app development as you follow along with Markus implementing the course project: an interactive Fibonacci sequence viewer.
Swift From Scratch
In our free Swift tutorial series, Swift From Scratch, you'll learn everything you need to know to get started with the Swift programming language. You'll start with the very basics to get your feet wet and gradually learn about the more advanced aspects of this exciting programming language—until you're ready to build iOS and OS X applications.
What's new in Swift?
Take a look at the new features added to Swift in the latest version.
2. Go Further With Swift
Once you've built your first app with Swift, you'll want to build on your experience and learn more about the power behind the language. We have several courses that you can watch to take your knowledge to the next level.
- Design PatternsSwift Design PatternsDerek Jensen
- SwiftCode a Swift App With Realm Mobile DatabaseDerek Jensen
- watchOSCode a watchOS App With SwiftDerek Jensen
- iOSGo Further With Swift: Animation, Networking, and Custom ControlsMarkus Mühlberger
- Mobile DevelopmentImage Recognition on iOS With Core MLMarkus Mühlberger
- iOSGet Started With Augmented Reality for iOSMarkus Mühlberger
Build on your knowledge and continue learning Swift with some of our most popular tutorials.