The Node Beginner Book
Praise for The Node Beginner Book
"I just wanted to drop you a note to say thank you for writing such an excellent introduction to node. Your book's explanation is fantastic!"
"This is one of the few beginner articles I made it all the way through because of how well it's written."
Table of Contents
- Intended audience
- Structure of this document
- A word of warning
- "Hello World"
- A full blown web application with Node.js
- The use cases
- The application stack
- Building the application stack
- A basic HTTP server
- Analyzing our HTTP server
- Passing functions around
- How function passing makes our HTTP server work
- Event-driven asynchronous callbacks
- How our server handles requests
- Finding a place for our server module
- What's needed to "route" requests?
- Execution in the kingdom of verbs
- Routing to real request handlers
- Making the request handlers respond
- Serving something useful
- Handling POST requests
- Handling file uploads
- Conclusion and outlook