Before I leave you, here are some tips to remember as you’re coding your components:
- Use JSX instead of the factory methods in the React API.
- Extend your components by composing them as higher-ordered components.
- Write your component as a stateless function unless you absolutely need to maintain state.
- When handling events or passing functions to other components, be sure to bind the
thiskeyword to the appropriate object.
- The most common way to incorporate Ajax into your component is with a higher-order component.
React is probably my favorite framework to date, and I hope I’ve passed a little of that excitement on to you. Please feel free to contact me via Twitter or the Envato Tuts+ forum if you have any questions.