We’re looking for a top-notch – and consistent – author to help out on Activetuts+ on a monthly basis. You’ll be expected to submit two articles each month and you’re free to choose your topics, as long as they’ll appeal to our audience. Interested? Read on..
Am I Right For the Job?
We're after a few logical, but crucial, qualities in a regular writer:
- Rock solid knowledge: Activetuts+ is a highly respected source of information and we expect the same high quality from you.
- Ability to teach: Knowing what you're doing is one thing; being able to explain to others what they should (and shouldn't) be doing is a different animal.
- Excellent writing skills: You must be comfortable with the English language. We can proof your content but we can't rewrite everything for you. To put it simply, if you struggle when deciding whether to write your or you're, this might not be the gig for you.
- Consistency: Professionalism is key here. We expect you to keep the schedule we've agreed upon.
We cover a wide range of stuff here on Activetuts+, all related to Flash, ActionScript, Silverlight and soon we'll be expanding into the world of Unity game development. Know a thing or two about Unity? You may just have jumped to the front of the queue..
How Much Will I Earn?
Current rates for Activetuts+ regular content are as follows:
- $50 per Quick Tip.
- $200 per tutorial.
- $350+ per Premium tutorial (negotiable depending on content).
- Preferential treatment (and higher pay) will be given to those who can record professional quality screencasts.
You'll take home at least $400 each month. We'll expect delivery of (for example) 2 tutorials, or 1 Premium + 1 Quick Tip. That's the minimum. If you have more to offer then you're free to earn more :)
We'll need the following information from you:
- A few sentences about yourself, your strengths and interests.
- A link to your blog, if you have one.
- A single link to an article that you've written or screencast that you've recorded.
- Two ideas for tutorials you'd like to write for us.
Please email this information to active[at]tutsplus.com.
We get a ton of single line emails. Don't be that person. Emails without the requisite information will be discarded.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Envato Tuts+ tutorials are translated into other languages by our community members—you can be involved too!Translate this post