It's that time again; we're in need of a kick-ass - and consistent - author to help out on Nettuts+ once per week. You'll be expected to submit one article each week and you're free to choose your topics, as long as they'll appeal to our audience. This is a paid gig, so read on!
Update: If you've already contacted us, please forward your email to net[at]tutsplus.com. Thanks, and sorry for the confusion!
What We're Looking For
- Rock solid knowledge: Nettuts+ is a highly respected source of information and we expect the same high quality from you.
- Excellent writing skills: You must be comfortable with the English language. We can proof your content but we can't rewrite everything for you. To put it simply, if you struggle when deciding whether to write its or it's, this might not be the gig for you.
- Consistency: Professionalism is key here. We expect you to keep the schedule we've agreed upon.
What's the Pay?
- $150 per tutorial for the first month.
- $200 per from the second month onwards, with a pay review after a year.
- Option to submit to our premium Plus program which pays significantly more.
So, assuming you submit an article a week, and one Premium tut/screencast per month, you can expect to make between $1100 - $1400 each month.
Excellent! Where do I Sign Up?
We'll need the following information from you:
- A few sentences about yourselves.
- A single link to an article that you've written, helped with or like.
- Two ideas for tutorials you'd like to write for us.
- Emails with an optional tutorial as attachment will get more attention from us since this means you're serious about the gig.
- Preferential treatment (and higher pay) given to those who can record professional quality screencasts.
Please email this information to net[at]tutsplus.com. If you’ve already emailed us about this position, please forward it to the above address, just to be sure. The previously listed one is having a few issues. Our apologies!
We get a ton of single line emails. Don't be that person. Emails without the requisite information will be discarded.
If you can't manage a weekly schedule and instead would like to submit every other week, that's good with us too. Get in touch so we can work something out!
Get cracking, ladies and gents!
Envato Tuts+ tutorials are translated into other languages by our community members—you can be involved too!Translate this post