It's contest time! ThemeForest is starting 2009 with a bang! We have $3,000 cash to give away to ten brilliant designers. The authors of the top ten site template submissions in January will each receive a $300 bonus!
Before I Outline the Contest...
We need fantastic tutorials for NETTUTS. Though the typical delay between having an article accepted and posted can be upwards of a month - that currently isn't the case! If you have a great idea for a tutorial, write it ASAP and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Use PLENTY of images, PLENTY of headings, PLENTY of bullets, and be as thorough as possible when describing the STEPS.
Now on to the contest!...
How Exactly Does it Work?
Between January 1 and January 31, you may submit your best theme for the "Site Template" category. During the first week of February, our staff will choose the top ten templates that were submitted during this time span. We will consider aesthetics, coding practices, and practicality - when choosing the winners.
How Do I Enter?
Simply visit ThemeForest.net, create a free account (if you don't already have one), and upload! All approved site templates that are submitted in January will be automatically entered!
What Prizes Will Be Awarded?
- The authors of the ten best templates will each receive a $300 bonus - in cash! Payments will be sent via Paypal.
- The winners will be featured on the ThemeForest blog, via a "Featured Collection" link for a minimum of 60 days.
- You'll receive an extra sales boost as we milk your template for all it's worth!
- A roundup of the winners will be announced on NETTUTS.com - along with links to each template.
Who is Eligible?
Unless you're an Envato staff member, you are more than welcome to enter. In fact, please do! Only submissions made to the "Site Template" category will be considered. Wordpress, Miscellaneous, Joomla, and PSD themes will not qualify.
When is the Deadline to Enter?
You have until 11:59 P.M (Central Standard Time) on January 31 to enter. Any submissions received after this date and time will not be considered.
Will the Reviewing Guidelines Remain the Same?
Absolutely. In fact, the only thing that will change is the bonus! Templates will still be rejected if deemed necessary. Only approved files will be considered for the bonus.
May I Enter More Than Once?
You're welcome to submit as many templates as you like; however, only one of your submissions will be selected. The maximum earnings for each author is $300.
When Will the Winners Be Announced?
Sometime within the first week of February, our staff will notify the winners via email. A congratulatory posting will also be made on the blog at that time.
Some Advice From the ThemeForest Site Manager
We're looking for beautiful, but practical templates. Remember, you may have the most spectacularly designed theme. But, if it doesn't have an audience, it won't sell. Repeatedly ask yourself as you ready your submission, "Is this usable? Does it have an audience?". We will be asking ourselves the same questions when deciding upon the winners!
Terms and Conditions
- Entry is open to any Envato marketplace author who is NOT a paid staff member.
- Any approved file uploaded between 12:01AM January 1, 2009 and 11:59PM January 31, 2009 (Central Standard Time) is eligible.
- Payment to the ten winners will be made via Paypal and will be in US dollars.
- The 10 winners will be selected solely at the discretion of ThemeForest and its staff.
- All decisions are final.
- For questions and/or concerns, contact the site manager at email@example.com.
Subscribe below and we’ll send you a weekly email summary of all new Code tutorials. Never miss out on learning about the next big thing.Update me weekly
Envato Tuts+ tutorials are translated into other languages by our community members—you can be involved too!Translate this post