Hey, everyone! I have some exciting news (at least for me)! Late last year, I was asked to prepare a book and video series that covers exactly how to convert PSDs into standards-compliant HTML/CSS websites. This is what web designers do day-in and day-out. I'm proud to announce that it's now been released by Rockable Press! So, if you're at the point in your learning where this might be helpful, please do read on and consider checking it out.
Within its pages, Nettuts+ editor Jeffrey Way takes you through the entire process of converting a design from Photoshop into a complete HTML/CSS website. If you can create gorgeous designs in Photoshop but don’t know how to convert them into solid, functioning website, this book will teach you how. With these skills in your arsenal you can begin working as a professional web designer, or increase the money you earn for every web design gig you do.
But this is NOT just an eBook. It also comes packed with extras, like a directory of Photoshop, HTML and CSS files for you to use as you work through the book AND a series of 14 screencasts (over 4 hours of training) taking you through the whole project from beginning to end. The eBook and training were created by Jeffrey Way, a superstar in front-end development and veteran editor of Nettuts+, one of the biggest web development learning sites on the internet.
This eBook is for anyone who has an elementary understanding of HTML and CSS. You should be familiar with HTML tags and the most common CSS properties. Some of the topics covered in the book are as follows:
- Different methods for slicing a PSD.
- Create semantic mark-up, and learn how this HTML relates to the original PSD.
- How to utilize techniques, such as background replacement and sprite generation.
- Use custom fonts with Cufon font replacement.
- The differences between absolute and relative positioning.
- How to compensate for the dreaded Internet Explorer 6.
- Take advantage of advanced CSS3 features.
- How to take advantage of a variety of helpful browser extensions to expedite your coding.
- Utilize the jQuery library to add a touch of interactivity.
And there’s plenty more!
If you're undecided, you can Download the Sample Pages (17 pages). But, don't forget, it also comes with four hours of video training that covers the entire book. So you have your choice: read or watch!
About the Author
PDF eBook, $29 – Purchase
Subscribe below and we’ll send you a weekly email summary of all new Code tutorials. Never miss out on learning about the next big thing.Update me weekly