I'm very happy to announce that Jeffrey Way's latest course is now out on Tuts+ Premium...and it's free for everyone! Jeffrey is a code editor addict, he's tried them all! He adopted Coda early on, fell in love with TextMate, and got infatuated with Vim. Until he discovered Sublime Text 2, which he says is the best code editor you can find today.
I'll demonstrate what I consider to be the perfect workflow.
~ Jeffrey Way
In this free course, Jeffrey demonstrates what he believe is the perfect workflow in Sublime Text 2. If you've watched any of Jeffrey's other courses, you'll know he doesn't skimp on the details. This course will cover everything from the basic core features, such as multiple cursors and the command palette, to the most popular and useful plugins you should try, to working with Sublime's build system.
If you've heard people extolling Sublime Text's virtues, but haven't yet dug into it yet for yourself, let Jeffrey convince you to finally make some time and give it a try.
Here's the full lesson outline for the course. Order's not important here, just jump straight to the parts that look exciting to you:
- Installation and Base Settings
- Services and Opening Sublime From the Terminal
- Multiple Cursors and Incremental Search
- The Command Palette
- Instant File Changing
- Key Bindings
- Installing Plugins Without Package Control
- Package Control
- Your First Snippet
- Adding Snippets Through Package Control
- Easier Testing With Snippets
- Zen Coding
- Cross-Browser CSS With Prefixr
- Fetch Files With Ease
- Lightning Fast Folder and File Creation
- Sidebar Enhancements
- Sublime Linter
- Sexy Code Snippet Management With Gists
- Pretty Task Management
- HTTP Requests Within Sublime
- Regular Expressions in Sublime
- Vintage Mode
- Quicker Stylesheet References
- Joining Lines
- Sublime and Markdown with Marked
- All About Projects
- Configuring and Mastering Split Windows
- Custom Builds
- See Ya!
- Course Quiz
Exclusively on Tuts+ Premium
Tuts+ Premium is a service that provides top-tier training in the technologies that you're most interested in. Thinking about getting started with Backbone? We have courses on that. What about Node and Express? Yep. Or what about modern frameworks, like Laravel and FuelPHP? Of course!