What do Yelp, Angie’s List, Craigslist, TripAdvisor, and Amazon have in common, apart from being very popular?
They are directory websites and mobile apps where you can buy products and services from the convenience of your mobile devices!
Directories are among the most popular and most profitable websites. They list thousands of products and services for users to browse. They also deliver information based on location and category.
Many directories have their own mobile apps, and this is why:
- 75% of users have mobile devices as their primary way to get online.
- 80% of local searches conducted on mobile devices result in a sale.
- 90% of mobile users spend more time in apps than on the web.
These are important statistics to keep in mind if you are thinking about starting a directory website and mobile app of your own.
However, building a custom directory mobile app can be a massive and expensive undertaking. Here is where mobile directory app templates come in. They are the best and cheapest option for creating a mobile directory map. The template developers have thought of just about anything a directory website will need, so you don't have to code it yourself.
- WordPress10 Best Directory Plugins for WordPressLorca Lokassa Sa
- iOS SDKJump-Start Your Mobile App With an iOS App TemplateLorca Lokassa Sa
- iOS SDK17 Best iOS App Templates of 2019Nona Blackman
- iOS10 Best iOS App Templates for BusinessNona Blackman
In this article, we’ll focus on mobile directory app templates for iOS, an operating system developed and supported by Apple which only works with Apple devices: iPhones and iPads.
I’ll show you some premium mobile directory templates for iOS available on CodeCanyon.
Understanding Directories and Mobile Directory App Templates
Starting your own online business has never been easier. There are many resources to help you succeed. You have built-in technical and information infrastructure to help your idea get off the ground as quickly as possible. You also have a built-in audience that is easy to reach. In addition, the starting costs are very low. You just need to invest your time.
If you’re looking to start an online business, directories are popular and profitable.
What Is an Online Directory?
An online directory lists products and services for users to browse. It is a database that delivers information based on location and category.
Here are some common characteristics of directories:
- Directories contain a large number of listings under different categories.
- Directories provide tools like searching, filtering, pictures, location information with maps, product information, contact details, and more.
- Directories are curated listings.
- Directories are community driven.
- Directories are built on user-generated content.
- Directories generate a lot of traffic!
Some directories are public: for example, to help customers find store or business locations, or to list the names of doctors and their specialties. On the other hand, some directories are private, for the internal use of a business or organization.
Types of Directories
Directories come in all sizes and shapes: complex, simple, local, national, global, or niche. If you want to start a mobile directory app, the best place to begin is identifying a niche in your local area. These examples should give you some ideas:
- classified ad listings
- lists of coupons and deals—e.g. Groupon
- business listings—e.g. Yellow Pages
- job listings
- event listings
- real estate listings
- automotive guide
- hotel and restaurant guide
- city guide or local directory
- travel websites
- video directory—e.g. YouTube or Vimeo
- web link directory
What Do the Above Examples Have in Common?
You can build a mobile app for any of these directories. Through the mobile app you can also earn money by:
- displaying advertisements
- charging listing fees—normal listings and featured listings
- membership subscriptions
- booking and reservation (because users trust directories and prefer to do the booking and reservation through them)
Why Do You Need Mobile Directory iOS App Templates?
People spend much more time online on mobile apps than on the web. Because of this, most successful directory businesses have taken advantage of apps to reach vast audiences where they are. A mobile directory app template allows you to build your own directory app.
Developing a mobile directory app from scratch is a costly and time-consuming process. Not every business has the deep pockets to foot the bill for such a lengthy and involved process that includes discovery, design, development, testing and deployment, and marketing. Here are the advantages of using an app template:
- Mobile directory app templates are affordable—much of the code is already written for you.
- The templates come with all the features you need to create your own mobile app.
- The heavy lifting has been done, so you can focus on creating the app you want by customizing and adding elements that will make your app unique.
- The templates come with documentation—all you need to do is follow the instructions.
How to Pick a Mobile Directory iOS Template
When you're choosing an app template, keep the following factors in mind:
Ease of use: It has to be so simple that someone with no coding expertise can easily learn and use it. The documentation should be clear.
Design: Since directories are huge databases, simplicity is key. The design of the directory template should be intuitive, uncluttered, and consistent from screen to screen.
Responsiveness: So your app will work on all mobile devices.
Cost: Compare the prices of other templates and see what fits your budget.
Customization: The template should be easy to customize, so that the finished app can reflect your unique style and branding. Customization should not take a lot of time.
Social sharability: Make it easy for users to spread the word about your directory app by sharing it with others through social media.
Monetization: Look for the ability to take payments through different payment gateways, ability to earn through regular and featured listings, advertising, subscriptions and so on.
Back-end tools—for analytics, generating reports, etc.
Integration with email marketing platforms like Mailchimp.
Location-based searches with integrated maps: any directory that deals with physical locations, stores, or services will need location-based search and maps.
Ratings and reviews: Tools for customers to rate and review businesses. This is user-generated content that makes it easier for people to find your business online, and lets them know they can trust your product or service.
Downloads: The number of downloads of a particular app template is proof of its popularity among users. It shows they trust the provider.
Security and frequent updates: Bugs make your app vulnerable to attacks. Regular updates are an indicator of the trustworthiness of the provider. Your choice of an app template should factor this in.
Support: Once you buy the app template, you may run into some issues. Make sure that the seller offers support. While reading ratings and reviews, be sure to check what other users say about the quality of support from the provider.
Another very important thing to keep in mind is that directories generate a lot of activity. High activity has the potential to slow down access to your content. This can turn off your visitors. Your hosting provider should have the capacity to handle it.
Best Mobile Directory App Templates for iOS Available on CodeCanyon
There are a wide variety of premium mobile directory iOS templates you can find in the CodeCanyon marketplace. The app templates I've chosen for this list are among the best and will make it easy to create mobile directory apps.
With AdForest, building and managing your classified ad listings directory has never been easier. Once you install the template and customize it, your app is ready to use. You can upload it to the iOS App Store with your own business brand name.
Some of the excellent features of this app include:
- multi-currency support for ads
- social login and register
- ad status and ad expiry limits
- Google map integration
- location or price-based search
- user can contact seller or buyer with a messaging system
- AdMob and Google Analytics support
Check out the live preview and give it a test drive.
User nagdawi says:
Good code with effective support
Classify is a complete, easy-to-customize app template you can use to offer mobile classifieds services.
- users can post and edit ads from their mobile devices
- browse all Classify ads as a visitor—no need to log in
- home screen with search fields and category buttons
- ability to set favorite ads, as well as post and edit your own ads
- ability to contact seller
- AdMob interstitial ads
Check out the live preview and see why user arudkosky says:
The developer has created an amazing product that is easy to customize and has fast and accurate customer support.
The Woopy app template allows developers to create listing apps that make it easy to buy and sell new or used items.
Woopy has the following great features:
- users can browse by keyword or category
- users can also chat with sellers or potential buyers
- users can give feedback on each transaction
- sellers can add a 10-second video to their listings
- email verification system, email login, and Facebook login
- ability to report or block inappropriate users or ads
User photikanet says this about Woopy app:
A really good app and support from the developer is very fast and effective.
With the iOS Recipe App template, you can build a recipe app that lists recipes according to category—including a favorites category that users will create themselves.
In addition to push notifications and social sharing, more features of this beautiful app template include:
- screen supports multiple images
- transition between screens
- Google AdMob integration
- a sliding menu on the left side of the app
- data is stored in XML and can be easily edited or replaced with data loaded from a server
Good and nice support, simple and direct, apps run smoothly. Thanks.
Events is an app template that allows you to create your own event directory mobile iOS app. Users can submit new events and you can approve them by changing the status of the submitted event from Pending to Approved.
Here are some features of this fantastic app:
- ability to automatically add an event on your native iOS Calendar app
- ability to open its address in Maps (to get directions)
- share events on Facebook, Twitter, or other apps installed on your device
- informs users if events are current or they have passed
User varukeen says:
Good and modern design, like it! Easy to use...
Restaurateur iOS 2.0 allows developers to build restaurant listing apps. This app template comes with an extensive back-end management system.
Users can set up unlimited shops or restaurants searchable by categories, subcategories, or products.
Great template, great design, also great support!
ListApp is a listing directory mobile template that runs as a native app. It allows you to create directory listing apps. It has many elements and features to help you do so. ListApp is built with the very popular React Native mobile app development platform.
Features of this awesome app template include:
- a map to help find listing locations
- easy reservation by tapping on the calendar
- social login supporting Facebook login
- monetization and advertising: AdMob and Facebook ads
Have a look at the live preview demo and see if it suits your needs.
User bobozd says:
Great app, easy to work with, great support.
The Business Directory template allows developers to create store or business listing apps. This template has very clean code and a clean user interface. It also comes with a powerful back-end that can supply data updates.
Users can browse through businesses and stores by category, name, or distance. Store and business owners can display and promote their products, services, news, contact information, and more.
This template was created with the very popular Ionic cross-platform mobile platform.
These iOS directory app templates stood out for me, but there are many more templates you will find on CodeCanyon.
If you’ve enjoyed this article, here are more posts to help you find an app template that suits your needs.