If so, you're in luck. Amazon is offering three free months of an Envato Tuts+ subscription to the first 500 readers who publish an Alexa skill between 31 March 2016 and 31 May 2016.
What Is an Alexa Skill?
If you're not familiar, an Alexa skill is an interaction that works with Amazon Echo. You can read more about Alexa skills and how to create them in our tutorial on How to Build an Amazon Echo Skill in Under an Hour.
How Does the Contest Work?
All you have to do is create and publish your Alexa skill and then fill out the entry form. Amazon will then email you a promotional code redeemable for three free months of an Envato Tuts+ subscription within six weeks of the submission of your form.
Here are more details:
- This promotion is only available to U.S. residents.
- Employees of Amazon or its affiliates are not eligible to participate.
- Developers must have an account on the Amazon Apps & Games Developer Portal and accept the App Distribution and Services Agreement to be eligible for the offer.
- The skill must be submitted through the developer portal, must comply with Amazon's Certification Guidelines, and must be approved by Amazon for publication.
- Offer limited to one promotion benefit per developer and account, and it may not be combined with other offers.
- You will receive an email from Amazon with your promotional code and instructions on how to redeem the promotional code, which must be redeemed by 31 July 2016.
The clock is ticking, so get started on your Alexa skill and make sure that you have your skill published by the end of May.
And don't forget, if you want to get a skill up and running quickly, check out the step-by-step tutorial on How to Build an Amazon Echo Skill in Under an Hour.
Subscribe below and we’ll send you a weekly email summary of all new Code tutorials. Never miss out on learning about the next big thing.Update me weekly
Envato Tuts+ tutorials are translated into other languages by our community members—you can be involved too!Translate this post