Sliders are very helpful when you are trying to fit a lot of content into little space. They can also make the whole webpage appear a lot more interesting with the use of some basic animation effects.
When used properly, sliders can improve the usability of a webpage without wasting precious screen real estate.
This carousel plugin pack contains a large variety of carousels or sliders meant to serve different purposes. When you purchase it, you get access to over 200 pre-built examples and layouts.
The carousel is fully responsive and has been designed with mobile devices and tablets in mind.
Some features of this plugin are:
- thumbnail navigation
- use of the Bootstrap grid system
- 40+ text and layer animations
- 8+ slide transitions
The plugin is compatible with both Bootstrap 3 and Bootstrap 4. If your website already uses Bootstrap, using this plugin will get rid of any compatibility issues that might have been caused by plugins which don't specifically target Bootstrap.
Also, Font Awesome files and complementary Google fonts are bundled with the project.
This is a feature-rich Bootstrap-based carousel plugin designed to meet all your slider needs.
You can use it to create something as simple as a thumbnail carousel or as complicated as a slider which contains tables or form elements.
Here is a list of its major features:
- animation of text layers on the slides
- parallax effect for the carousel
- create multi-column layouts
- responsive and mobile-friendly
This is actually a bundle of two plugins—buying them together will save you a lot of money!
There are over 170 working examples on the demo page which can be modified easily to suit your own needs.
This is a fast, multi-purpose slider that looks very professional. The slick design and use of animation in different templates will blow your mind.
Here are some of Slidea's features:
- layered design to superimpose elements
- over 50 preset animations and 6 pre-built templates
- support for video content and multiple sliders
- compatible with Bootstrap and Foundation
Even though plugin is beginner-friendly to use, the end result looks incredible. You can also use it to create full-screen sliders for an immersive user experience.
Just give the demos a try and you will see what I am talking about. Make sure you check out each template because they are all unique.
Paradise Slider is another plugin that takes advantage of the Bootstrap framework to create sliders with stunning layouts and animations.
The transitions from one slide to the next feel very fluid and natural.
Here are some of its noteworthy features:
- animation of text layers on the slides
- parallax effect for the carousel
- fully responsive with support for mobile devices
- support for YouTube, Vimeo and self-hosted videos
- eight different slide transition effects
This plugin offers sliders and carousels for all types of content. With over 130 templates, you can create sliders for images and videos and well as blog posts, tables, and forms.
The demo page has a bunch of unique examples for each type of content. Check them all out for some inspiration!
This simple jQuery slider maker can help you create your own sliders with a nice Ken Burns effect in no time. The subtle panning and zooming of each image make the slider much more dynamic.
The plugin comes with an admin area where you can simply log in and create your own sliders by setting different options. Then just click on the Publish button to get the code to be added to your webpage.
Here is a partial list of features for this slider:
- live preview in the admin panel
- fully responsive with touch-based swipe
- animations for layered captions
- themes based on material design guidelines
Here is one more Bootstrap carousel that makes it possible to create your own sliders in a couple of minutes.
Here are some of its key features:
- beautiful animations and transitions
- use of Font Awesome icons to create UI elements
- fade, slide, rotate and zoom effects for the carousel
- fully responsive with touch support
The download comes with templates for creating sliders with contents ranging from images and user testimonials to product listings for eCommerce websites. It also comes with templates for the animation of text layers, videos, and other elements.
The interface is very user friendly, with a lot of configuration options, though it's up to you to make the slider responsive or give it a fixed width.
Do check out these nice speech bubble sliders that can give any website a unique look.
As the name suggests, the ultimate slider bundle contains all types of sliders and banners—anything that you could dream of using in your next project.
This is actually a bundle of three separate plugins offered at a discount price, making it a great deal.
Here are some of its features:
- multiple layers for independent animation effects
- responsive design
- multiple skins
- full-screen sliders
- parallax effect sliders
The text on each slide can be animated from the top, left, bottom, or right. There are also 16 different transition effects for image slides other than the basic push and fade effects.
The demo page of the plugin has a lot of examples for responsive, full-screen, or fixed-width layouts.
The Magic Slider plugin also has a lot to offer in terms of features. The level of control that you get over all aspects of slider animation is amazing.
Here is a small list of its features:
- responsive design with support for touch-screen navigation
- layered elements which can be animated from any direction
- ultra-smooth Ken Burns effect
- ability to add multiple sliders on the same page
You can also integrate YouTube and Vimeo videos in your gallery slideshow with Magic Slider. It also lets you create fixed-width, full-width, responsive and full-screen sliders.
There are a lot of sliders on the demo page which each look completely unique but all use the same Magic Slider plugin. Do check them all out!
RoyalSlider is a content slider plugin that priorities performance, accessibility and user experience for viewers.
The plugin humbly states that it does not come with a lot of fancy effects. However, the effects that you do get will always give optimum performance for all your viewers.
Here are some of its awesome features:
- put any content you like in the slides or in their thumbnails
- smart lazy loading to strike a perfect balance between performance and user experience
- change speed, transition and easing for each caption and slide animation
- optimized for SEO with indexable images and use of proper HTML tags
The interface of this plugin is completely customizable, and with the download you also get access to the Photoshop files to customize the skins as you wish.
The modular architecture of this plugin makes it possible for you to get rid of parts that you don't need in the slider to further optimize its performance.
There are a lot of examples on the demo page of this plugin that you can use as a starting point when creating something of your own.
This plugin is much more than just a slider to showcase your images and videos. It is basically a multi-purpose animation platform that can be used to create all sorts of things.
The core plugin recently received an update to make it future proof and increase its robustness.
Here are some of its features to blow your mind:
- over 200 pre-defined slide transitions
- static layers and pop-out-of-slider effects
- apply filters and masking separately to different layers
- animate all common CSS properties
- SEO-friendly and optimized for mobile devices
If you want a plugin that will help you every time you want to add some animated element on your webpage, LayerSlider should be your first choice.
Just check out the demos where the plugin adds stunning animations to landing pages, popups, sliders, and more. The only limit with this plugin is your imagination.
This All in One Slider plugin is an all-in-one solution for all your needs.
You can use it to create a banner rotator, thumbnails banner, banner with playlist, content slider, or a carousel. All of these have their own unique sets of possible settings and configurations to alter their behavior.
Here are some nice features of All In One Slider:
- 3 predefined skins and 16 photo transition effects
- animate text from any direction you like
- control color, size and transparency of the circular timer
- randomize the image order
- add multiple instances of a slider on the same page
The recent update of this plugin added a new feature that lets you create banners in the sidebar.
Just give the different types of sliders on the demo page a try. Who knows, one of those might be exactly what you want.
This plugin gives you the opportunity to implement sliders on your website in a unique way.
There are four different versions of sliders that you can create with this plugin: Classic, Perpetuum Mobile, Mouse Interaction, and Ultra.
Here are some of the slider pack's key features:
- unlimited number of layered elements
- control motion of a layer between two points
- let layer elements interact with the mouse
- move multiple backgrounds asynchronously
- animate the text layers in any direction
All these features make it possible to create a unique slider experience for your visitors. You can also specify if the sliders should have a fixed-width, full-width, or responsive layout.
Just take a look at the demos, and I am sure you will be impressed. The asynchronous movement of backgrounds in the Ultra version of the Parallax Slider is very subtle, but it completely changes the way you perceive the motion of different slides or images.
Let's wrap up this list with a unique, special-purpose slider. This slider plugin is completely different than everything we have covered so far.
Unlike other sliders, this one works best when it is describing a specific event throughout history, and it does a fantastic job in this respect.
Here are some features that make this unique plugin awesome:
- a built-in audio player
- fully responsive after the latest update
- unlimited number of images and milestones
- two themes and fully layered PSD files for customization
Also, you can completely change the look and feel of this plugin using 17 built-in options.
It is possible to add Read More buttons, milestone marks, and a video or multimedia gallery at different places in the slider. This increases the usefulness of the slider manifold!
Just check out the demo of the evolution of chair design and you will know what I mean.
All of them are responsive and come with touch support. However, most of them also focus on one key area to set them apart. For instance, the Royal Slider focuses on performance, while the Layer Slider is more like an animation platform which can be used to create anything from sliders to popups.
The best way to choose a slider plugin from the list is to simply list your goals and pick one that checks the most boxes. Let us know in the comments which plugin you ended up using in your projects.
Subscribe below and we’ll send you a weekly email summary of all new Code tutorials. Never miss out on learning about the next big thing.Update me weekly