For many, PHP is the lifeblood of web development.
It may be a general-purpose scripting language, but it powers WordPress, Drupal, Magento, and more; not to mention the thousands of individual PHP scripts available. If you've got a problem that needs an online solution, more than likely, you can solve it by creating a PHP script—or downloading something already built.
PHP is clearly suited for web development. Take these 20 popular PHP scripts available on Envato Market, for example:
If you run a website of any sort and are looking to introduce some type of login and authentication management, then take a look at Vanguard.
In short, Vanguard is a Laravel-based application that makes it possible to introduce user-registration, login, and authentication (through a variety of techniques) to a pre-existing website.
Some of the features it offers include:
- Interactive Dashboard
- Unlimited number of user roles
- Powerful admin panel
- Unlimited number of permissions
- Super easy installation using installation wizard
- User Activity Log
- Avatar upload with crop feature
- Built using Twitter Bootstrap
- Active Sessions Management (see and manage all your active sessions)
- Full unicode support
- Client side and server side form validation
- Fully customisable from settings section
- Complete and detailed documentation
- Localization support – Translate the application to any language (English, Serbian and German translations included)
- With more.
If you run a website and are trying to figure out how to introduce memberships without moving to a completely different platform, give Vanguard a try. Perhaps it'll give you exactly what you need.
Booking System, aka BookingWizz, is a wiz at managing reservations for any website offering services, lessons, and event reservations.
Packed with plenty of power, this easy-to-set-up booking script has a clean design and is fully responsive.
Called the "'Swiss Knife' of Booking Software," you can easily see why:
- You can book multiple events and services.
- Users can print their details to PDF.
- Organizers can keep an eye on things with the Admin Dashboard.
- Schedule single-day services, multi-day services, and events.
- You can even book phone customers by using the manual booking option!
This barely scratches the surface of what it can do. When you begin to expand into the Booking System add-ons, you'll even find more power, like notifying clients using SMS with 10 SMS gateways.
There's no need to use an entire CMS to handle user logins and have private pages that can only be viewed by logged-in visitors to your website.
This can easily be done by leveraging PHP Login & User Management, a MySQL-powered website PHP login script. You can even change User Levels using the built-in Control Panel when you need different levels of page security.
This script includes:
- captcha integration
- social media login support
- login expiration
- lost password activation code email
- welcome and activation emails
- as well as many control panel features for Admin
With the installation wizard and the HTML5 Twitter Bootstrap design, you'll be up and running with solid PHP Login & User Management in no time.
If you're needing a CRM for your business or maybe you're wanting to up your freelance project management, instead of adding another monthly fee to your expenses, why not host your own customer and project management system?
More specifically, the Ultimate Client Manager - CRM - Pro Edition.
UCM Pro really does pack an impressive punch of features. You can:
- enjoy industry-standard PGP/RSA encrypted fields
- email support tickets.
- organize your leads, customers, projects, and invoices
- have your customers log in and see their project status
- enable subscription billing features to help organize and automate client billing
- convert invoices into PDF documents
- make multiple currency and tax rate adjustments
- have customers and staff upload project files
This is only a fraction of the useful features you'll find. And while this CRM contender is robust enough to challenge many other subscription-based CRMs, it's the little things like being able to change your CRM theme that give the Ultimate Client Manager - CRM - Pro Edition that extra polish.
When it comes to managing customer relationships, there are a wide variety of solutions. Truth be told, it's not a one-size-fits all solution which is why it's a good thing to have a number of choices.
And one of those is Perfex.
Since we're all looking for a different set of features as it relates to CRM systems, here are some of the things that Perfex offers its users:
- Build professional, great looking estimates and invoices.
- Powerful support system with ability to auto import tickets.
- Track time spent on tasks and bill your customers. Ability to assign multiple staff members on task and track timer per assigned staff.
- Add task followers even if the staff is not project member. The staff member will be able to track the task progress without accessing the project.
- Keep track of leads in one place and easily follow their progress. Ability to auto import leads from email, add notes, create proposals. Organize your leads in stages and change stages easily with drag and drop.
- Create good looking proposals for leads or customers and increase sales.
- Records your company/project expenses and have the ability to bill to your customers and auto convert to invoice.
- Know more about your customers with powerful CRM.
- And much, much more.
You can view features, requirements, and more on the the product page.
This particular product is inexpensive, available in the marketplace, and can be installed on any system that supports PHP and MySQL (which is nearly any popular, current host).
Get ready to save hours of time with only a few minutes of implementation with xCRUD (Create-Read-Update-Delete) - Data Management System.
This is a simple, yet powerful application for PHP and MySQL.
Features include, but are not limited to:
- Bootstrap support
- fast jQuery-powered AJAX interface
- WordPress plugin for WordPress integration
- easy integration with any script, framework, or CMS
- simple and easy single-line syntax
- multi-instance system for multiple xCRUD instances running on a single page with multiple tables at once
Simple. Powerful. xCRUD - Data Management System (PHP CRUD).
You can easily send subscriber emails using this simple Newsletter System.
While this isn't bulging with features, it has everything you need to send professional newsletters to your database of subscribers.
Keeping it simple with all the right features.
Send emails and manage your subscribers with features like:
- custom templates
- double opt-in
- open tracking
- CSV import
And subscribers can subscribe through your website and unsubscribe themselves.
This Newsletter System is nice and simple.
Customers can easily find your store in style with Super Store Finder.
By fully integrating Google API V3 and using Geo IP to detect the user location, Super Store Finder allows your customers to find your location quickly and easily from their smartphones.
The Twitter Bootstrap powered design—complete with modal popups, tabs, alerts, and more—looks great from the desktop or smartphone. But it's the feature set of this PHP script that really catches your eye:
- results sorted from nearest to furthest
- use Google Street View
- unlimited locations
- bulk CSV import
- autofill search field
- multi-language support
- users can request to add locations
- multiple admins
- add your own map markers
- and much, much, more
This is a great way to leverage Google Maps into your website for both desktop and mobile users, and includes enough unique features to use Super Store Finder for more than your stereotypical use cases.
There's no need to keep monkeying around with your email marketing.
If you're serious about having your own email marketing application, this is a great place to start. In fact, the MailWizz - Email Marketing Application is robust and feature rich enough for you to become an Email Service Provider for your customers!
Restful API and Web Hooks? Double check.
Powerful theming system, customizable list forms, and customer backend? Triple check.
You'll have no problem sending tens of thousands of emails in just an hour, or importing and exporting subscriber lists, reports, and stats; not to mention enjoying IP location services, and best of all, unlimited lists and subscribers.
The MailWhizz - Email Marketing Application includes support for many delivery servers, including SMTP Amazon SES, Directory Pickup, PHP's mail, and Sendmail.
If you're a freelancer, then you know the challenges of managing all of the overhead the comes with actually managing the business (aside from managing solutions for your clients).
Freelance Cockpit aims to help you do exactly that,
The application by making it an all in one solution for managing projects, tasks, support, messaging, and so much more. Some of the features include:
- Multi File Upload and File Commenting. On all projects you can upload any kind of files, like a screenshot of the mockup you made for a new web project and share them with your client.
- Client Management. Easily manage your clients with all the details you need.
- Client Portal. Your clients can view the status of their projects and invoices.
- Invoice Management. Creating and sending invoices was never that easy!
- Expenses. Track all your expenses.
- Estimates. Send estimates to your clients.
- Recurring Invoices. Create recurring invoices.
- Calendar. Beautiful calendar with optional Google calendar integration.
- Item Management. Manage your items/products
- Reports. A nice chart to view your income, expenses by a given period
- User Activity Widget. See who is online.
- Email Notifications. Get email notifications on new messages, project assignment etc.
- User Access Levels. Control the access of your agents to the different modules.
- Quick Access. Quickly open a project or start/stop the timer using the Quick Access widget.
- Database backup. Never loose any data again!
- And more.
If you're a freelancer, or even a small business, and you're looking for an all-in-one solution to help manage the overhead for all things that you're doing related to your business, check out Freelance Cockpit.
Attention freelancers, consultants, service professionals, and project managers: Freelance Manager is a simple, but powerful, client management solution.
Whether you're pulling this self-hosted solution up from your desktop browser or away from your desk on your mobile device, this responsive app is ready to help you get things done.
Easily create estimate forms, build forms, and assign support tickets. You can keep both your client projects and staff managed, and even make sure everyone is on the same page with the built-in messaging system.
File upload tool? Time-billing tool? Smart event calendar? Freelance Manager offers these features and more.
If you've used Bit.ly very much—especially if you're using a custom domain—you'll find there's a giant leap between their free and paid service. That makes something like Premium URL Shortener a "no-brainer".
This PHP URL shortener was built with performance in mind, and that's exactly what it does. Complete with a powerful dashboard, admin, geotargeting, and fully social-media ready, you'll not only enjoy using Premium URL Shortener, but maybe even take advantage of the new built-in membership system.
ThumbsUp isn't just a thumbs-up PHP voting script.
It's a thumbs-up or thumbs-down PHP voting script.
If you're running PHP5 with PDO and a database like MySQL, you'll be ready for a big thumbs-up. Use one of the included six templates and custom result formats, and keep your results accurate by adjusting your IP lifetime setting or the IP address blocking option.
Will you give it a ThumbsUp?
Set up a live support chat system with PHP Live Support Chat. This PHP and SQL based solution brings real-time chat to your website.
(Yes, it also includes a high-quality emoticons set.)
On the customer/user side, PHP Live Support Chat offers:
- a well-designed chat window
- avatars and emoticons to keep communication clear
- and mobile support
From the customer support side, you'll benefit from the:
- chat logs
- desktop notifications
- prepared messages
- and more!
PHP Live Support Chat is easy to install, supports multiple users at once, and has unlimited usage.
Ever since Instagram introduced videos, anyone and everyone who uses the services as seen the sponsored posts.
But what if you were able to leverage the platform to market your own product without needing to use the sponsorship features they provide? Or what if you were able to target people, likes, comments, posts, etc., all from within a single application.
Just some of the features include:
- Auto Post: You can post image and special is video. The World’s FIRST Instagram video posting tool post from your DESKTOP – PC or MAC
- Auto Direct Message: You can send direct message to your follower or following the easily
- Auto Comment: Search and comment all the post you want in one click
- Auto Like: Search and like all the post you want in one click
- Auto Follow: The fastest way and most economical for you if you want to increase following
- Auto Unfollow: One reason that you want to unfollow all friends. Tools can also help you.
- Auto Follow Back: You’re tired of followback. This feature will help you save time.
- Search: Search top hashtags and user in quickest way
- Social Login: Supported login via Facebook, Google and Twitter
You can purchase, read more, see the requirements, and even test drive the application all from its page in the Envato marketplace.
With the popularity of Facebook, many people have found themselves leaving the popular social network for smaller, niche online communities.
With the phpDolphin - Social Network Platform, you can host your very own social network.
Facebook users will find themselves right at home with:
- profile pages
- news feed
- and much more
As Admin, you'll have full control to manage users, groups, and reports. You can even add phpDolphin plugins to extend your social network's features—Dislike Plugin, anyone?
phpDolphin is very robust, so don't let it's Facebook "cloned" design deter you from it.
Creating your own media sharing site has never been so easy—or looked this good!
The Ninja Media Script - Viral Fun Media Sharing Site delivers lots of features and solid design.
Built with Laravel 4, Bootstrap 3, Font Awesome 4, and more, this PHP script is easy to install, customizable, and fully responsive.
Users can log in and register with their email address, Facebook or Google, and then upload images and videos that can then be approved by a site admin or published directly.
Add a logo, use a watermark, choose your layout, you're dealing with a ninja.
- add pages
- NSFW functionality
- translation ready
- and more
Any YouTube, Vimeo, Vine, GIF, or JPG could go viral with the Ninja Media Script - Viral Fun Media Sharing Site PHP script.
Copy, move, rename, edit, delete, and upload files online with FileGator.
Without using a database—or Flash—you can run this powerful PHP file manager and Ajax uploader.
Share, zip, and manage multiple files online with your own file manager.
With FileGator's fast and easy-to-use UI, you can:
- use Google's URL shortener for email links
- have multiple user and guest accounts
- search files and folders
- create archives with zip
- unzip and decompress files online
- and much more
Easy to install, easy to use, easy to download FileGator.
You can update product stock, purchases, and sales with an Internet connection and Stock Manager Advance with Point of Sale Module.
Manage multiple warehouses, generate reports, and more.
- works well with touch screens
- print order and bill
- supports Stripe and PayPal Pro
- calendar and calculator
- staff and customer notifications
- and more
Manage your standard, combo, and digital products with Stock Manager Advance with Point of Sale Module.
Project Management is one of those areas of running a business that some prefer more than others. If you're a freelancer, it comes with the territory; if you're part of a larger business, then it may be your role.
Regardless, finding the best way to manage said projects can be tough. Perhaps Rise is a viable solution?
Straight from the product page:
Ultimate Project Manager is the best way to manage your projects, clients and team members. You can easily collaborate with your team and monitor your work. It’s easy to use & install.
And it has a ton of features, to boot. Some of examples include:
- Projects. Manage all your projects using some amazing tools. Create tasks in projects and assign your team members on the tasks. Create milestone to estimate the time frame. Upload files by dragging and dropping in projects and discuss with your team. Let your team members to comment on tasks and get notifications for important events. See activity logs for projects.
- Clients. It’s very simple to add your clients in RISE. You’ll get the detail information about contacts, projects, invoices, payments, estimates, tickets and notes of each client. You can allow your clients to use the client portal. Each client will get the separate dashboard to see their projects. Let your clients to create tasks for the projects and get feedback instantly.
- Team members. Assign tasks to your team members and monitor the status easily. You can set different permissions on their access.
- Invoices. Send invoices to your clients by email with a PDF copy of the invoice. And get paid online via Stripe and PayPal.
- Estimates. Create some estimate request forms according to your needs and let your client to request for estimates. Review the estimate requests and submit your estimates to the clients.
Tickets. Let your clients to create support tickets and get notification by web and emails. Assign team members to tickets and track the status.
- Expenses. Track all your expenses and get information about your project cost easily.
- Event calendar. Create your personal events list and share events with team members.
- Messaging. Send private messages to team members and clients
And there are clearly much, much more.
If you find yourself in this role, then I highly recommend checking out what Rise has to offer and see if it fits the bill. In a field that's got a lot of competition, this particular product may hit the right price point.
You can clearly see how versatile PHP is—it can be used for anything from simple solutions to full social networks and project management.
On Envato Tuts+, you'll find all kinds of helpful resources to learn PHP, like PHP tutorials, code eBooks, and video code courses. I particularly enjoy the video code courses. They have beginner PHP courses, like Introduction to WordPress Plugin Development and PHP Fundamentals, or more advanced video courses such as PHP Object Oriented Programming Fundamentals and Go Further With WooCommerce Themes. No matter your learning style, you'll be sure to find helpful PHP code courses.
And if you're curious to know what other PHP scripts are out there, take a peek at what's on offer at Envato Market.