In this article, I'll review 15 of the best PHP calendar scripts. Whether you need an appointment booking script, an event calendar script, a web calendar script, or a PHP calendar reservation system, you'll find something on this list.
There are lots of reasons you might need a PHP calendar script. If you’re a service provider, you need an appointment booking system that allows customers to see your availability and select an appointment time and date that is best for them. This makes it easier for customers to book and cuts down on needless calls to your business.
Online PHP calendars are also handy for organisations of any size to help team members share events and tasks and keep track of what everybody is working on.
Their usefulness isn’t just limited to companies, however. Artists, writers, performers, bloggers and anyone else with an active public life could make good use of PHP calendar scripts to let followers and fans know the whens and wheres of public appearances.
What Type of PHP Calendar Script Do You Need?
When it comes to PHP event calendar and appointment booking scripts, choosing the right one can be hard. They can take dozens of forms, and finding the right one for you can be a daunting task.
To help choose the right PHP calendar framework for you, here are a few questions to ask yourself before you get started:
- Do I need to focus on events, which occur at specific times, with a large number of tickets to sell? Or on bookings, with a smaller number of services that could occur at any time?
- Will I need to support only my business? Or are there others that will be included in my listings? For example, a business cooperative might need to handle bookings for multiple service providers.
- Will there be a single entity that events or bookings are attributed to, or several—as in a hair studio, with several stylists available?
- Do I need a script to embed into a current site, or do I need something that stands on its own?
PHP Event Calendar and Booking Scripts on CodeCanyon
There's a wide selection of PHP event calendar and booking scripts available on CodeCanyon. Some of these PHP calendar script downloads address very specific use cases like cleaning and laundry services. Others are more general-purpose web calendar scripts used to book all kinds of events.
All of these web calendar scripts offer the basic functionality you expect in a booking system. Some of them also have a unique set of features that includes things like generating invoice PDFs or sending booking alerts through SMS.
After you purchase any of these scripts, you will get six months of free support to help you set things up. You also become eligible for free lifetime updates. This is one helpful reason to choose a premium option over a PHP event calendar that's free. It's hard to find well-supported free PHP booking calendars online, and even harder finding ones that are full of features.
The Best PHP Event Calendar and Booking Scripts on CodeCanyon for 2023
With all this in mind, we’ve compiled 15 of the best PHP calendar, booking and event scripts available for download today at CodeCanyon. This post will help you choose the PHP calendar framework that’s right for you.
1. Bestselling: BookingWizz—Booking System
BookingWizz is an easy-to-use, easy-to-set-up booking script that will help you set up a reservation system in minutes. This fully responsive PHP calendar reservation system works with any device or screen.
Standout features include:
- SMS reminders
- PDF schedules
- easy integration with PayPal, Stripe, and multiple payment gateways
- easy integration with WordPress websites
- various display settings, including timezone support
- and more
Booking Core is a responsive and SEO-friendly booking system based on Laravel. It's designed for travel websites and marketplaces, travel agencies, tour operators, bed and breakfasts, villa rental, resort rental, and more.
Some features of this PHP booking system include:
- auto-optimized images
- powerful booking engine
- template and menu builder
- payment gateways like PayPal, Stripe, and more
Cleanto is ideal for many different types of service companies looking for a reliable way to provide clients with full-featured online booking.
Standout features of this PHP calendar script download include:
- PayPal, Authorize.net, and Stripe payment methods
- email reminders
- auto-confirm bookings
- ability to add breaks in the schedule
- and more
MyTravel is an extensive online booking system based on Laravel. This script is ideal for those who have a travel website: for example an online travel marketplace, travel agency, tour operator service, villa or resort rental, or boat rental.
It is a very attractive and user-friendly interface where visitors can search for what they need, as well as making bookings and payments online. It works well on mobile devices and comes with a Facebook-Messenger-powered chatbot.
In addition, it has a trending section where visitors can see what's trending, be it cars, boats, spaces, etc. Check out the live preview.
Panda Resort is a lightweight, fully responsive CMS that allows you to create SEO-ready websites for hotels, resorts, spas, bed and breakfasts, lodgings, and more.
It comes with these modules: bookings, rooms, rates, currencies, extra services, and facilities. Through them you can add your rooms, manage your prices, create discounts, send coupons, define check-in and check-out hours, create original activities and tours, add extra services, and follow up on your booking.
Notable features include:
- allows multiple users
- complete booking system, including payment
- availability management
- iCal synchronization
- multiple payment methods: PayPal, Cards, 2Checkout, Braintree, or Razorpay
- multiple languages, including support for RTL
- Google Maps
If you're looking for one that is compatible with multiple hotels, check out Panda Booking CMS for Multi Hotels.
Ajax Full Featured Calendar 2 is a highly customizable personal PHP calendar designed to help you keep organized. This is a best-selling update of another popular web calendar script, the Ajax Full Featured Calendar.
Standout features include:
- PHP and JS versions with PHP classes and object-oriented programming
- ability to auto-embed YouTube, Vimeo, Dailymotion, or SoundCloud media
- ability to export calendar or events to iCal format
- supports recurring events
- and more
Built with jQuery, FullCalendar, and Bootstrap’s grid layout, the Event Calendar plugin allows users to organise and plan their events.
Standout features of this event calendar script include:
- create new types of events
- add fields such as title, colour, description, link, and photo
- Google Fonts and Font Awesome icons
- and more
Eventic is the perfect script if you're looking to create a platform like Eventbrite, Ticketmaster, or Twickets.
This powerful event management and ticket sales system supports online-based events. Organizers can manage their events, create an events page, and register attendees through a web or mobile app. They can also manage image and video galleries, create and manage event categories, and offer promotional pricing. Visitors can search, register or log in with their social media to purchase events and leave reviews. They also receive PDF tickets.
Some notable features of this online event booking PHP system include:
- customizable themes
- FAQ and knowlegebase
- export or download detailed reports as CSV, Excel, or PDF
- payment gateways like PayPal, Stripe, and more
- integration with Mailchimp newsletters
An end-to-end solution for booking, Appointo Booking Management System takes the heavy lifting off your CMS or static site. This PHP calendar script download provides a front-end calendar and booking system that can be easily used to mark appointments or events. Then, on the administrative side, you can manage the events and services that are available, and keep track of customers or attendees.
Standout features of this PHP booking system script include:
- front-end booking calendar
- ability to manage services and booking
- point-of-sale support
- customer management
- support for both PayPal and Stripe
If you're looking for a multivendor version of this script, check out Appointo Multivendor Booking Management System.
Tiva Events Calendar allows you to easily add a powerful interactive calendar to your website. The calendar displays perfectly on all devices and browsers. It comes with two highly customizable layouts: full and compact. Each has a popup that allows users a quick view of events for each day. The script automatically checks your calendars and prevents overlap or double booking anytime users submit an event. The calendar also helps you manage SEO for your website.
EventRight is a robust event management system that is developed as an app. Through the admin panel, you can create and assign access based on roles, create and manage event categories, event pages, event dates and times, offer coupons and discounts, and more. Customers can search and find events, register, pay for events, and leave reviews.
Quick Timetable is a calendar PHP script that allows you to build multipurpose timetables on your website. This fully responsive script is flexible, easy to install, and simple to integrate into your website. It's perfect for class schedules for all kinds of schools, workshops, nightclubs, pubs, and more.
Features of this timetable PHP script include:
- admin panel to manage timetable
- weekly, monthly, and list views
- timetable detail on popup
- many options for customization
iBooking is a booking system based on the Laravel framework. It allows you to build travel websites, travel markets, vacation resorts, bed and breakfast, and so on.
Quick Events is a fully responsive quick script to manage and display events. It is very flexible and easy to install and integrate into your website. Events can be displayed on the calendar in grid or list view. Event details can be shown on popup.
Features of this script include:
- admin panel to manage events
- full layout or compact layout
- many options for customization
- documentation included
Rezervy is a great online appointment scheduling and reservation booking script. The numerous five-star ratings of the script are proof of its quality.
Rezervy comes with both single-step and multi-step booking form features. The script creates a fully responsive booking system, so it looks great on large screens as well as smaller mobile devices.
There are many amazing features in this script, like:
- support tickets
- guest checkout
- coupon discounts and recurring discounts
- support for multiple currencies
- manual booking
- referral codes
- rating and review for each appointment
- and a lot more
Just try the live preview of the script, and you will be amazed by its design and functionality.
Free PHP Event Calendar and Booking Scripts
Creating a great PHP calendar script is hard. As a result, it can be hard to find quality scripts—especially for free!
That's why our recommendation is to try one of the CodeCanyon web calendar scripts mentioned in the article. All of the PHP calendar script downloads offer a lot of features, and you will get six months of support and free lifetime updates.
Most of the free PHP booking calendar and event booking scripts either have a very limited feature set or have not been updated in a long time. There are some good options out there, though. Here are three of the best PHP event calendars available for free:
This is a very basic PHP event calendar that's free. It allows for creating, editing, and deleting events. This free event calendar script also lets users create accounts and navigate events smoothly.
This is a simple room-booking system based on Laravel 5.6. Laravel is a free, open-source PHP framework for creating web applications. So you need to be familiar with both PHP and Laravel to set up this free PHP web calendar script.
This is another free PHP booking calendar script based on Laravel. It allows you to easily create, delete or update any events in Google Calendar. It's bare bones, but a good option if you want to access a PHP event calendar for free.
Tips for Organizing a Successful Online Event
Organizing a successful virtual event requires excellent planning and strategy. The following tips will help bring all the moving pieces together.
The lifecycle of a virtual event has three parts: before the event, during the event, and after the event.
Before the Event
The work you do before the event will help decide whether the event is successful or not.
Set Clear Goals
Before you throw yourself into planning, ask yourself the following questions:
- What is the event about? What is your theme?
- What goals do you want to achieve with this event?
- Who is your target audience?
- What do you hope your audience will gain from attending?
- What is the content you hope to share with your audience?
- What experience do you expect your audience to have during the event itself?
- How are you promoting it?
Answering these questions will help you prepare for the big event.
- Let your target audience know what the event is about, the speakers or panelists, the date, and the platform.
- Use marketing channels like social media and email newsletters to advertise.
- Register participants through a website or social media.
Choosing a Platform
The platform you choose must be:
- easy to use
- available worldwide
- secure and encrypted
Before the event, test the platform and your devices to make sure:
- the connection speed is superb
- the audio and video works
- audio and video have excellent quality
Rehearsing will elevate the quality of the event!
During the Event
- Keep the audience engaged and entertained by encouraging participation.
- Allow the audience to send questions over social media channels or the platform chat.
- Share your screen, using visual presentation tools, photos, videos, and more.
After the Event
- Follow up with a social media post or email newsletter thanking the audience.
- Ask the audience for their feedback about how the event went. Use short surveys. Your next event will benefit greatly from the feedback you receive.
- Think of ways of keeping the audience engaged even after the event. Ask for suggestions for the next pressing topic.
5 Top Tips for Using Event Calendars and Booking Scripts
Here are a few tips that you should remember when starting a business that's based on booking products and services.
1. Make Sure That the Booking System Is Responsive
People almost always have their smartphones with them. They usually also prefer to do things like booking reservations on their smartphones. If your booking system has a responsive layout that provides an amazing user experience, you will have a big advantage over your competition.
2. Don't Cram Too Much Information on the Screen at Once
Depending on the type of business that you operate, it might not always be possible to just ask users a couple of questions and book their slots. In such cases, use simple layouts that guide people throughout the booking process without overwhelming them. One great example would be the booking system by Rezervy.
3. Set Up Automated Reminders
We're all human, and sometimes our appointments can slip our minds. That's why it's a great idea to set up your PHP calendar to send out reminders. These can come in the form of emails or SMS notifications, depending on the PHP calendar framework you use. Reminders are not only helpful, but they show you care about customer service. Check if your simple PHP event calendar includes notification features.
4. Have Flexible Payment Options
Visitors using your PHP calendar framework are all different. That means the ways they book are different too. Instead of losing potential clients, set up multiple payment methods with your web calendar script. For example, having PayPal as an alternative to Stripe can increase the number of visitors that can confidently book with you over a competitor.
5. Offer Discounts and Special Prices
There's nothing like a good discount to sway a customer that's on the fence about booking. Limited offers, coupons, and seasonal discounts can keep visitors coming back to your PHP calendar throughout the year. Thankfully, there are many PHP calendar script downloads from CodeCanyon that include these features.
Other PHP Scripts on CodeCanyon
These PHP event calendar and booking scripts just scratch the surface of what's available at CodeCanyon. There are over 4,000 PHP scripts available in the marketplace, covering everything from calendars and forms to social networking and shopping carts.
Here are a few of the best-selling and up-and-coming PHP scripts available on CodeCanyon for 2023.
- 11 Best PHP URL Shortener Scripts (Free and Premium)Monty Shokeen20 Jun 2022
- 18 Best Contact Form PHP Scripts for 2023Monty Shokeen11 May 2022
- Comparing the 5 Best PHP Form Builders (And 3 Free Scripts)Monty Shokeen28 Nov 2021
- Create Beautiful Forms With PHP Form BuilderAshraff Hathibelagal20 May 2019
If you'd like to learn more about using the PHP scripting language, Envato Tuts+ can help there too! Join our free PHP fundamentals course to get a good base of necessary skills. We also have many PHP tutorials and guides to get you more familiar with these scripts.
- What Is Composer for PHP and How to Install ItSajal Soni27 May 2020
- How to Redirect With PHPSajal Soni21 May 2020
- PHP Magic Methods CheatsheetSajal Soni31 Dec 2021
- Parse XML to an Array in PHP With SimpleXMLSajal Soni12 Aug 2020
Finally, if you're curious about WordPress Calendars, the following guide will show you calendar plugins available on CodeCanyon:
This post has been updated with contributions from Franc Lucas. Franc is a writer for Envato Tuts+ who enjoys exploring the world of SaaS.