In this introductory episode, assuming you have zero knowledge of web design, we'll go through the process of choosing your first code editor. As you'll find, like a pair of shoes, you'll likely need to experiment with many code editors before settling with your favorite.
- CodePHPStorm: When the IDE Really MattersDifficulty:BeginnerCompletion Time:Medium
- Web DesignAn Overview of My Shopify Workflow Tools
- CodeCreating a WordPress Theme From Static HTML: Releasing Your ThemeDifficulty:BeginnerCompletion Time:Medium
- CodeCreating a WordPress Theme from Static HTML: Adding Featured ImagesDifficulty:IntermediateCompletion Time:MediumYou've now worked through a number of steps to create a WordPress theme from static HTML files. Specifically, we've looked covered the following: preparing your markup for WordPress converting your HTML to PHP and splitting your file into template files editing the stylesheet and uploading your theme to WordPress adding a loop to your index file adding meta tags, the wp_head hook and the site title and description to your header file adding a navigation menu adding widget areas to the header and sidebar adding widget areas, a colophon and the wp_footer hook to the footer file creating template files for static pages creating an archive template file. Your theme now has a template file for displaying archive pages, but at the moment it's not displaying images properly. In this tutorial, you'll learn how to add featured image support to your theme and how to display and style them in your archive template.Read More…
- CodeGetting Started with Lua and the Corona SDKDifficulty:BeginnerCompletion Time:Short