Some say it’s a decade-old piece of junk; others widely consider it to be the best code editor available. I’m on a quest to find out for myself. So, for four weeks (and four screencasts to track my progress), I will use nothing but Vim.
About the Author
- Computer SkillsSetting Up an SSH KeyDifficulty:IntermediateCompletion Time:Medium
- PhotographyQuick Tip: Applying Actions With the Image ProcessorDifficulty:BeginnerCompletion Time:QuickIf you need to resize a load of images at once, Adobe's Bridge image processor has long been the way to go. The image processor, however, is capable of much more than just resizing photos. In this quick tip, I will show you how to apply Adobe Photoshop actions alongside the output settings.Read More…
- Music & AudioQuick Tip: Creating Fast Creative Stereo EffectsDifficulty:IntermediateCompletion Time:Quick
- Computer SkillsSpeed Up Your Podcast Editing With Every Button on Your MouseDifficulty:IntermediateCompletion Time:QuickIt only takes two seconds to remove an umm from your podcast audio, but do it 200 times and it'll drive you nuts. In this screencast I show you how to set up Controllermate to reduce each edit to a half second click. This can reduce a four hour edit process down to a two hour one. Getting rid of silences and stutters will make you sound like a genius who never needs to pause to think? I guide you through a step-by-step set up process for both Audacity and TwistedWave .Read More…
- Music & AudioEasy Audio Production for Voice-oversDifficulty:BeginnerCompletion Time:Quick
- Design & IllustrationQuick Tip: Four Ways to Crop a Vector Illustration in Adobe IllustratorDifficulty:BeginnerCompletion Time:MediumA reader asked how he could trim off the objects outside his artboard. There is no Crop tool in Adobe Illustrator, but there are a few ways to remove or hide excess shapes that overlap the edges of the artboard – if you want to. In this screencast, we show you four methods: the Pathfinder, Clipping Masks, Opacity Masks and marquee-erasing.Read More…