Last Friday, we learned how to utilize a tool called Zen-Coding to rapidly speed up our development time when creating mark-up. In today's Plus video tutorial, we're going to take another huge leap forward, specifically with CSS, where I'll show you how to utilize a different tool, called "Scaffold," created by Anthony Short.
This will allow you to use variables, functions (mix-ins), for statements, and to even create grids on the fly with ease! I promise you that, if you're mildly familiar with PHP, this will drastically change - and improve - the way you code your CSS! Become a Premium member to watch!
Learn How to...
- Create CSS variables/constants
- Create grids - of any size you like
- Use functions or mix-ins
- Automatically minify the generated CSS file.
- Combine multiple stylesheets into one, to save on HTTP requests.
- Dramatically improve your development time.
Join Tuts Plus
For those unfamiliar, the family of TUTS sites runs a premium membership service called "Premium". For $19 per month, you gain access to exclusive premium tutorials, screencasts, and freebies from Nettuts+, Psdtuts+, Aetuts+, Audiotuts+, and Vectortuts+! For the price of a pizza, you'll learn from some of the best minds in the business. Join today!
- Subscribe to the Nettuts+ RSS Feed for more daily web development tuts and articles.