Consider this screencast to be a brain-dump on all of the various tools I use for web development. Sometimes, simply watching another person work can be incredibly helpful. What tools do they use? How do they work with their code editor? I'll cover all of these things today.
Tools Discussed in this Video
- CodeTest Code Coverage: From Myth to Reality
- CodeTesting Your Ruby Code With Guard, RSpec & PryDifficulty:BeginnerCompletion Time:Medium
- Web DesignQuick Tip: Bring Your Website to Life With Animate.cssDifficulty:IntermediateCompletion Time:Quick
- Game DevelopmentBuzzy Bee: Create a Flappy Bird-Style Game in GameSalad, Step by StepDifficulty:BeginnerCompletion Time:MediumIn this 45-minute screencast tutorial, I'll show you how to make an avoider game like Flappy Bird, step by step, using the free GameSalad Creator tool. You don't need to have any previous programming experience or game development knowledge, I'll provide all the artwork, and you can follow along whether you're on Windows or OS X.Read More…
- CodeWorking With LESS and the Chrome DevToolsDifficulty:BeginnerCompletion Time:Quick
- CodeCoding With KodingCloud IDEs have been around for a little while now, and they have been pretty good for things like pair programming, or cases where you want to code consistently no matter where you are. Koding just came out of private beta, and they would like to take this notion a couple steps further, with their "cloud ecosystem". In this article we will take a look at what Koding is, as-well as some of the benefits you can get from using it.Read More…