In this epic 6-part screencast series, we’ll explore Amazon’s Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) — a highly scalable, reliable, and cost effective means of cloud computing. Whether you’re an absolute beginner or have some experience with AWS, you’ll appreciate these succinct and methodical video tutorials. We’ll create and connect to an instance, configure it, install a LAMP webserver w/ phpMyAdmin, and explore security/backup methodologies.
I'm based in WA and enjoy helping others learn technology quickly and easily. I love working with Linux, am a devoted Mac user, and frequently participate in open source/community projects.more…
- Computer SkillsExploring Finder Tags in MavericksDifficulty:BeginnerCompletion Time:ShortApple is known for introducing new paradigms in personal computing. They were the first to bring graphical user interfaces to the masses, and after establishing the file-and-folder based organization scheme we all know so well, they’ve taken the next step in the form of tags in Mavericks’ updated Finder app. With tags, Mavericks allows for a radically different system of managing your files, one that takes advantage of the increased power and connectivity of today’s Macs. In this tutorial, I’ll show you how to get started with tags to help organize, find, and work with your files.Read More…
- Computer SkillsHow to Edit PDF Documents in Microsoft WordDifficulty:BeginnerCompletion Time:Short
- Design & IllustrationQuick Tip: An Overview of Blends and the Blend Tool in IllustratorDifficulty:BeginnerCompletion Time:Quick
- Computer SkillsHow to Add Videos to Your PowerPoint PresentationsDifficulty:AdvancedCompletion Time:Long
- Computer SkillsTuts+ Team Top TipsDifficulty:BeginnerCompletion Time:Short
- Design & IllustrationComprehensive Guide to Color in Photoshop – Using KulerDifficulty:BeginnerCompletion Time:Quick