Getting started with Magento themes is far more intimidating than it needs to be. This tutorial will get you familiar with Magento’s theming file structure, how Magento makes your life easier with a theme fallback system, and how to use layout configuration files.
This tutorial includes a screencast available to Tuts+ Premium members.
- CodeFamiliar With Magento or OpenCart? Write for Us!During the first quarter of this year, we had an amazing group of authors join our team, and we began to expand our frequency of posting regarding WordPress development. We've also transitioned over to a new design, but we're not done. We're looking to add a few more authors, but we're widening our scope. Work with Magento or OpenCart and want to join the author team? Read on!Read More…
- Web DesignStyling Our Tumblr Theme
- Web DesignCreating the Tumblr Post Footer and Notes
- Web DesignTumblr's Quote and Chat Post Types
- Web DesignTumblr Theme Operators and Variables
- BusinessHow to Set Up Your First Magento StoreMagento is one of the world's most popular eCommerce platforms. Developers love it because it's open source, meaning they can customize it to their heart's content. Big businesses love it because it's powerful, and they've got the deep pockets to pay the $50,000+ annual fees for the Premium Enterprise subscription. As such, Magento is perfect for global brands, who've got the budget for Magento Enterprise and to hire a team of developers to put together a bespoke eCommerce store that precisely fits their needs.Read More…