So you can work with PHP, and have a basic understanding of jQuery, but you haven't yet figured out how to combine the two into your projects? If so, we've got you covered today! In this Plus tutorial, you'll learn how to take advantage of PHP's MySQL improved and prepared statements to query a database, how to request that returned data with jQuery, and then how to filter through the returned items and display them on the page, adding a touch of animations. If this sounds interesting, give back to Nettuts+, and become a Premium member to watch this helpful video tutorial!
In this screencast, you'll learn how to:
- Create a new database
- Query that database with MySQL improved and prepared statements
- Make AJAX requests with jQuery to retrieve the information that was pulled from the database
- Filter through that returned information, and display it on the page
- Add a bit of animation
- Throw errors to allow for easier debugging
Join Tuts Plus
For those unfamiliar, the family of TUTS sites runs a premium membership service called "TUTSPLUS". For $19 per month, you gain access to exclusive premium tutorials, screencasts, and freebies from Nettuts+, Psdtuts+, Aetuts+, Audiotuts+, and Vectortuts+! For the price of a pizza, you'll learn from some of the best minds in the business. Join today!
- Subscribe to the Nettuts+ RSS Feed for more daily web development tuts and articles.