In this Premium video tutorial, I'll teach you how to deploy your first Rails web application with Heroku. Particularly if you're somewhat new to Rails, you may find that you're met with a long string of errors when pushing your app and database to their servers. Don't worry, though; this screencast will take you through the entire process from scratch.
- Computer SkillsUnderstanding Password SecurityDifficulty:BeginnerCompletion Time:Medium
- Computer SkillsSetting Up an SSH KeyDifficulty:IntermediateCompletion Time:Medium
- Music & AudioAn Introduction to Mastering With Ozone 5Difficulty:IntermediateCompletion Time:Medium
- Web DesignQuick Tip: Bring Your Website to Life With Animate.cssDifficulty:IntermediateCompletion Time:Quick
- Computer SkillsMove Your Keyboard Cursor Like a NinjaDifficulty:BeginnerCompletion Time:QuickIt's faster to move your cursor with the keyboard than to drag the mouse around. If you're editing your thesis, writing your great novel or typing commands into terminal, this screencast will tell you everything you need to know to move that little cursor from here to there in the shortest length of time.Read More…
- CodeKickstarting Your Rails EducationIt's been a long time since I last coded on the server-side. In fact, if you've read some of my tutorials, you may have noticed that I use ColdFusion as my application server. While ColdFusion still works great, it definitely doesn't have the panache and coolness of newer server-side technologies like Ruby on Rails. Wanting to be a bit more modern, I've decided to jump on the Ruby on Rails train. Both Ruby and the Rails framework are proven technologies that are stable and widely embraced so I think it's a great direction to head to in my server-side renaissance.Read More…