Continuing on with our Photoshop to HTML session, in this lesson, we'll learn how to use the 960 grid framework.
Chapter 4: Integrate the 960 Grid System
Press the HD button for a clearer picture.
About Jeffrey Way
I used to be the editor of Nettuts+ and head of web development courses at Tuts+ Premium. I'm now focusing on teaching the ins and outs of Laravel over at Laracasts!View Full Profile+ Expand Bio- Collapse Bio
- Design & IllustrationHow to Use a Grid to Enlarge an Image While DrawingDifficulty:BeginnerCompletion Time:ShortReady to draw a portrait or landscape but the reference image is too small? Using a grid to transfer an image to your drawing paper or canvas allows you to easily blow up the image. In this tutorial, I show you two simple way to create and use a grid to get your final image on your paper.Read More…
- Computer SkillsImprove Productivity With Virtual Desktops From TotalSpaces2Difficulty:IntermediateCompletion Time:MediumTotalSpaces2 from BinaryAge is the, self-described, "ultimate grid spaces manager". It is built on top of OS X's Mission Control and provides a great deal of control over your Mac's work environment. In an earlier tutorial, I taught you about Speeding Up Your Life With Launchbar. In this tutorial I'll show you how to use a grid of spaces to efficiently swap between applications to improve your productivity.Read More…
- Web DesignChoosing a Grid System
- Design & IllustrationHow to Create a Retro Website Design in Adobe IllustratorDifficulty:AdvancedCompletion Time:Long
- Web DesignLife Beyond 960px: Designing for Large ScreensThe premise behind a responsive web isn't purely that websites be built in a mobile-friendly way. It's about setting our content free so that it can be experienced by whatever means necessary - and that includes at large scale. Let's take a look at the design considerations behind the often neglected huge desktop screen.Read More…
- Web DesignWeb Design Workshop #4: VideoBloggerWeb Design Workshop is our weekly community project where we ask readers to submit their work for your friendly, constructive criticism. It's the perfect way to learn, offer opinions and have your own work critiqued! This week, we have an interesting one for you because the final product will be the basis for a tutorial..Read More…