Continuing on with our Photoshop to HTML session, in this lesson, we'll learn how to use the 960 grid framework.
Chapter 4: Integrate the 960 Grid System
Press the HD button for a clearer picture.
About the Author
- Computer SkillsImprove Productivity With Virtual Desktops From TotalSpaces2Difficulty:IntermediateCompletion Time:MediumTotalSpaces2 from BinaryAge is the, self-described, "ultimate grid spaces manager". It is built on top of OS X's Mission Control and provides a great deal of control over your Mac's work environment. In an earlier tutorial, I taught you about Speeding Up Your Life With Launchbar. In this tutorial I'll show you how to use a grid of spaces to efficiently swap between applications to improve your productivity.Read More…
- Web DesignBuilding Semantic Grids With GumbyIn this tutorial we're going to build ourselves clean, readable markup with the help of Gumby's semantic grid structure. We'll continue working with the example we started in the previous lesson, getting rid of as much unnecessary mess from our code as possible, plus we'll be using Sass to speed things up.Read More…
- Web DesignChoosing a Grid System
- Design & IllustrationHow to Create a Retro Website Design in Adobe IllustratorDifficulty:AdvancedCompletion Time:Long
- Web DesignLife Beyond 960px: Designing for Large ScreensThe premise behind a responsive web isn't purely that websites be built in a mobile-friendly way. It's about setting our content free so that it can be experienced by whatever means necessary - and that includes at large scale. Let's take a look at the design considerations behind the often neglected huge desktop screen.Read More…
- Web DesignWeb Design Workshop #4: VideoBloggerWeb Design Workshop is our weekly community project where we ask readers to submit their work for your friendly, constructive criticism. It's the perfect way to learn, offer opinions and have your own work critiqued! This week, we have an interesting one for you because the final product will be the basis for a tutorial..Read More…