From Photoshop to HTML
In Photoshop to HTML, Nettuts+ editor Jeffrey Way takes you through the entire process of converting a design from Photoshop into a complete HTML/CSS website.
But this is NOT just an eBook. It also comes packed with extras: a directory of Photoshop, HTML and CSS files for you to use as you work through the book AND a series of 14 screencasts covering the whole project from beginning to end.
Logged-in members can download this book's screencasts at the bottom of this post.
This eBook is for anyone who has an elementary understanding of HTML and CSS. You should be familiar with HTML tags and the most common CSS properties. Some of the topics covered in the book are as follows:
- Different methods for slicing a PSD.
- Create semantic mark-up, and learn how this HTML relates to the original PSD.
- How to utilize techniques, such as background replacement and sprite generation.
- Use custom fonts with Cufon font replacement.
- The differences between absolute and relative positioning.
- How to compensate for the dreaded Internet Explorer 6.
- Take advantage of advanced CSS3 features.
- How to take advantage of a variety of helpful browser extensions to expedite your coding.
- Utilize the jQuery library to add a touch of interactivity.
About the Author