- Unit Testing Succinctly: Other PurposesMarc Clifton40 sharesUnit testing is an important tool in the testing process. While integration and usability testing are often more customer-centric (reporting, milestones, verifying high-level requirements), unit testing is the first line of defense for a programmer, his or her team, and the team managers. If used judiciously (remember, you are not aiming to create thousands of pretty green lights), it can be a cost-effective way of verifying the computational correctness of the code and for re-creating bugs and verifying that they have been fixed.Read More…
- Unit Testing Succinctly: Advanced Unit Testing
- Unit Testing Succinctly: NUnitMarc Clifton33 sharesThis articles discusses testing with NUnit and the attributes and assertions that it supports. NUnit 2.6.2 was used at the time of this writing. The description of the attributes and assertions here should be considered supplemental to the online NUnit documentation; however, in most cases the author has attempted to provide valuable supplemental information.Read More…
- Unit Testing Succinctly: Visual Studio
- Unit Testing Succinctly: Testing Basics
- Unit Testing Succinctly: Unit Test Tools
- Unit Testing Succinctly: How Does Unit Testing Work?
- Unit Testing Succinctly: Look Before You Leap
- Unit Testing Succinctly: Proving CorrectnessThere are many aspects of an application in which unit testing usually cannot be applied to proving correctness. These include most user interface features such as layout and usability. In many cases, unit testing is not the appropriate technology for testing requirements and application behavior regarding performance, load, and so forth.Read More…
- Unit Testing Succinctly: What Is Unit Testing?
- Unit Testing Succinctly: Why Unit Test?
- Refactoring Legacy Code - Part 10: Dissecting Long Methods with ExtractionsPatkos Csaba94 sharesToday, we will take another approach: We will assume we are alone, no colleague or pair to help us. We will use a technique called "Extract till you drop" that breaks code in very small pieces. We will make all the efforts we can to make these pieces as easy to understand as possibleRead More…
Suggested Tuts+ Course
PHP Object Oriented Programming Fundamentals$15