A couple of weeks ago we advertised for a new Staff Writer at Activetuts+. The response was phenomenal! We had a pile of submissions to wade through and the quality of all applicants was of such a calibre that we chose to take on four new staff writers! There's a good chance you'll recognise these guys, come and meet them..
Next to each writer you'll find a short introduction, links to go and check out more of their work plus their recommendations for essential RSS reading. Say hello and let them know if there's anything specific you'd like to learn!
Matt is an Interactive Developer based in Herefordshire, a beautiful part of the English Countryside. When not lecturing, consulting or developing Flash, Unity3D or Mobile games and applications he can usually be found up a mountain with his fiancee, hopefully out of cell phone range.
Brent Arnold a.k.a. "iBrent", started his path to Flash Zen when he was a wee lad of 26. Now, 9 years later, he's a powerhouse in the Flash/Flex community. As a Sr. Member of Technical Staff with Pearson, iBrent is involved in all things RIA and mobile development. iBrent is an active member on the Adobe prerelease programs for AIR, Flash, and Flex, and is a speaker at Adobe MAX and 360Flex. Not afraid to learn new things, iBrent has even written iOS apps in Objective-C (yes, it can be done).
When he’s not programming, iBrent enjoys spending time with his wife and kids and stealing away at night to work on his many half-finished mobile game apps.
Personal site: www.antonmills.com
Anton is an Interactive Developer, lecturer and writer living in Sydney. While creating engaging interactive experiences for the likes of the BBC, Sony and S4C is his primary role, he has a new found love for Mobile platforms and the exciting possibilities they possess for indie developers.
Sean McCracken has been getting over his unfortunate last name by pwning web plug ins since the year 2007. Coming from the world of music production/motion graphics he quickly found a love for Flash + pure AS3 projects, but after growing tired of Flash's 3D shortcomings, he set his sights on Unity3d.
Sean has spent the last 2.5 years as Director of Research and Development at Influxis, and is currently at Wardenclyffe as Lead Developer/ Director of R&D. When he's not coding he's hanging out with his wife and 2 awesome boys. Sean's current three month obsessions include: ChipTunes, Quantum Entanglement, Dr Who + Torchwood, Artificial Intelligence, The Command Pattern, and other things you would have to sign an NDA to hear about.
- CodeInterview With Peter Cooper
- Web DesignThree Simple Steps to Higher Output and Greater CreativityThe beginning of a new year is filled with a massive amount of energy and resolve, people setting out to find new ways of thinking and working that can bring them closer in line with their goals. This post is going to give you, a web designer and developer, both practical steps and conceptual advice to help you reach a higher level of output and a more consistent flow of creativity.Read More…
- CodeIntroducing the New Mobile Development Editor: Bart Jacobs
- Game DevelopmentOne Year of Gamedevtuts+!We're proud to be celebrating the one year anniversary of Gamedevtuts+ today! Over the course of the last twelve months, we've published over two hundred gamedev tutorials, we've welcomed many new members to our team (including a new editor), and we've learned a lot about making games together. In this post, we'll take a look back at our first year...Read More…
- CodeIntroducing the New Nettuts+ Editor TeamAs many of you may have noticed, Jeffrey Way has recently been a little quieter around here than usual. This is because he's gradually been stepping down as Editor of Nettuts+, and handing the reigns over to our new team! Although you'll see some new faces at Nettuts+, Jeffrey isn't going too far. He's now working full-time as a Tuts+ Premium course producer, creating incredible courses and continuing to teach the latest and greatest development techniques. We're incredibly excited to officially introduce our new Nettuts+ editors — Rey Bango and Andrew Perkins. Read on to find out more about the team, and be sure to give them a warm welcome!Read More…
- CodeWhat Are You Using?We spend a lot of time following the thought leaders in web development, in many cases using the tools and libraries they've built, reading the posts they've written, articulating cool techniques they've learned, and in some cases, attending the defining conference for a specific language. But wouldn't it be great to learn what they focus on and what they use to build such awesomeness?Read More…