Language Wars: Sign Up
Hey, guys! I'm launching a new series on Nettuts+ soon, and I need your help! The series is called "Language Wars," and will provide two developers -- who have differing views on a particular subject -- with a pedestal to speak their peace.
If this sounds like fun, and you'd like to make some extra money, sign up in the comments!
I Don't Get It
Okay, for example, the first entry, "jQuery vs. MooTools" will feature a die-hard fan from each camp. They'll then have the opportunity to answer a handful of questions, and illustrate why they prefer one library over the other. Future postings could spotlight "CodeIgniter vs. Kohana," "PHP vs. Ruby," etc.
How Do I Submit?
There are a handful of rules and requirements that must be met, in order to be selected to represent your "team."
- This is all in good fun. We're not looking for mean-spirited, heated debates. Respect is key.
- In exchange for your opinions, each participant (2 per entry) will receive $100. Your name and company will also be promoted on the posting, if you wish.
- You must be relatively well established in your field. This should come in the form of at least 5 years of real-word experience with that particular language or framework. Please don't apply within the comments unless you genuinely feel that you have a high-level understanding of the concepts and reasoning behind your choice.
- No winner will be declared. This isn't about that; it's simply a fun way to discuss your opinion.
- jQuery vs. Mootools
- PHP vs. Ruby
- CodeIgniter vs. Kohana
- .NET vs. Any Popular PHP Framework
- Chrome Developers Tools vs. Firebug
- Myspace vs. Friendster (...kidding)
So that's it! Who's game? This should be fun and educational!