- Using AlterEgo to Add Two-Factor Authentication to Your WordPress Site
- Getting Up to Speed With Xcode 6Joyce Echessa134 sharesAt this year's WWDC, Apple unveiled iOS 8, which it dubbed "the biggest release since the launch of the App Store". At the same time, Apple released Xcode 6, offering developers new and improved tools to aid in developing their applications. This article will get you up to speed on the most important updates in Apple's IDE.Read More…
- Solutions to WordPress eCommerce ChallengesPatrick Mwachugu209 sharesDeveloping an eCommerce site using WordPress is not a simple task. There a number of challenges that come up in the process. This post for those those who are new to WordPress eCommerce as it attempts to highlight solutions to some of the challenges mentioned in a previous post on how best developer a solid WordPress eCommerce site.Read More…
- Get a Free Year of Learning With Your Hosting Plan
- Build a Custom API to Connect WordPress With Ruby on RailsJarkko Laine341 sharesOnce upon a time, web applications used to be monoliths that did everything all by themselves. These days, not so much. With web services opening up their APIs, developers are moving to using third party applications to handle parts of the functionality—things such as authentication or emailing users. While the most common case is one where you use an API to connect to one of the popular online services (Google, Twitter, and so on) there are times when both of the applications you want to connect are your own.Read More…
- Design Patterns: The Facade Pattern
- Building Advanced Email Features With IMAP and PHP
- Signals and Microinteractions for Smartwatches: Hands-On
- WooCommerce: Adding Physical Products to Your Store
- Using Pull Requests as Code Reviews
- Keeping Up with Ghost 0.5
- New Course: Building Multitenant Apps in Laravel
- View Learning Guide...
Setting up an online shop has never been easier, with so many options available, one can easily get lost in the maze of plugins that developers launch every single day.
So what WordPress options do you have? What should you look out for when setting up a WordPress eCommerce website? Below I have reviewed some of the possible solutions and particular features that make them stand out from the rest.
- View Learning Guide...
In this series, we look specifically at Git and Bitbucket and how they can help us in our day-to-day work.
Throughout the series, we look at Git and how it's distributed source control model works. We also look at how pull requests work and how they are useful in the context of code reviews, and we also look at team workflows and creative uses for web hooks.
- Unit Testing Succinctly12 PostsView Learning Guide...
This learning guide is based on the Unit Testing Succinctly eBook, by Marc Clifton, kindly provided by Syncfusion.
Unit testing can be a valuable part of any development cycle, but it can easily cause more problems than it prevents if used incorrectly. In this series, you'll learn what you need to know to leverage unit testing and minimize the number of bugs introduced in development.
The series clearly defines what does and does not constitute units and tests, different approaches to implementing unit tests, and even the far-reaching effects that unit testing can have on the architecture of your application.
Get weekly updates on new free Code tutorials via email.